I Want A Bolognese Puppy!



I Want A Bolognese Puppy!

     When I get a pet dog, I want a Bolognese. Don't ask me why I want a Bolognese, I just do. They are small, sit on your lap, and look so cute and adorable! But seriously, I did originally have a few choices of breeds I was interested in, and finally opted on the Bolognese for specific reasons.

     I am not going to get her just yet, while I am working full-time, as Bolognese are not good with being left home alone all day. I couldn't do that to a dog. No way! A Bolognese needs someone to be around them almost all of the time. I am thinking when I retire, I will get her. And that is only a few, short years away anyway. I cannot wait!

     A puppy also needs a lot of attention, time, and love just as much as your children would need it. In fact, you need to treat your pet as part of and one of the family.

     A puppy also needs a lot of attention during the early years to spend time with her, to teach her, and to train her. For example, potty training and behavioral techniques. I think it would also be a good idea to take her with me to obedience classes, to teach both her and me how to behave with each other. She would be well behaved and trained when I take her for walks down the street. Towards friends and strangers, she would be very polite.

They Are Very Skilled at Reading Body Language and Expression

     Here in Canada, it is very difficult to find a breeder who breeds Bolognese. In fact, it is very difficult, and a long waiting list to get a Bolognese dog. I may have to get her shipped from USA or from overseas. This really concerns me. I am worried on the affect the travelling will have on her, and the anxiety it will cause. I worry about her already, and she isn't likely even born yet.

     What are my reasons for getting a Bolognese specifically? They are a very loyal dog. Their fur is wool, so I imagine they are a bit tougher than other toy breed type dogs, and would be able to follow you around during the cold Canadian winters, if need be. Also, a Bolognese has few health issues compared to other breeds. A Bolognese even has some positive traits, as compared to other dogs in her group, (ie. Bishon Frise, Havanese, Maltese, Coton de Tulear).

     As I mentioned before, her fur is wool, unlike the other dogs of her group. She is very loyal, and easy to train, yet also can be very stubborn at times, if she chooses to be. Bolognese are good at socializing with other dogs. They make good house pets.They are very, very smart. In fact, the Bolognese are the brightest thinker, and problem solver, of their group. They are very skilled at reading body language and expression that they will appear to seem telepathic.

     Oh, and the important part, I almost forgot. A Bolognese hardly sheds much.

A Bolognese Hardly Sheds Much


     On the flip side, even though their temperament seems pretty good, it all depends on how they are raised and trained. They need a lot of brushing and grooming. They tend to bark when they see or hear things. They will get separation anxiety when left alone too much. Heck, I had a cat that got separation anxiety when I left him alone all day, while I worked full-time. A Bolognese cannot be left home alone all day either. Thirdly, or is this fourthly? They can be shy or suspicious of strangers if not socialized enough. Finally, they can be difficult to house break, and definitely need a lot of love and care, to be treated with respect and handled very gently like other toy breeds.

     Yes, a Bolognese is a wonderful dog to have, if you are looking for a small pet, you are home most of the time, and can give them all your love and care. You also need to have a lot of patience to give to the puppy. But hey! It's not just a rule for the Bolognese breed, this also goes for any dog breed. In fact, any pet for that matter.

They Will Get Separation Anxiety If Left Alone Too Much.


Annie Zapedzki - Blogger @ puppybabies.blogspot.com.

She currently has a petstore with products for your dog or cat, at https://www.blueelectricfactory.com


Comments